Carrie McDade - Instruction & Outreach Librarian
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Library Instruction team & faculty to develop effective programs and new approaches that address changes in technology, information, curriculum, and research.
- Develop innovative programs to engage the Library’s user communities.
- Design instructional and outreach materials in a variety of formats.
- Provide reference service and research consultations.
- Support collection development.
- Participate in faculty governance and campus service.
- Librarian liaison to the School of Science & Technology.
- Master of Library and Information Science, San Jose State University
- Master of Arts (Art History), University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Bachelor of Arts (Art History), University of Nebraska
- Library instruction, information literacy, primary source research
- Library exhibitions & outreach
- Collection development & management
- Art & design librarianship
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA)
- Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL)
Recent Professional Activities
- (forthcoming) McDade, C., and Lowell, W., Eds. (2013). Designing the Environment 1913-2013: A Century of Teaching Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning at the University of California, Berkeley. College of Environmental Design & UC Regents.
- 1 Through 34: Revisiting the Utah Arts Festival History (exhibition) Salt Lake City Public Library, Salt Lake City, UT (2011)
- Demonstrating Our Value: Visual Resources Leadership For Implementing Visual Literacy Initiatives (poster) ARLIS/NA-VRA Joint Conference, Minneapolis, MN (2011)
- What’s In Your Digital Content Toolkit? Exploring Options for Online Exhibitions (poster) ARLIS/NA-VRA Joint Conference, Minneapolis, MN (2011)
- Put Your Billboard, er, Exhibit Case to Work: Library Exhibits as Community Outreach (presentation) California Library Association Annual Conference, Sacramento, CA (2010)
- Environmental Design / A New Modernism (exhibition) Environmental Design Library, University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley, CA (2009)