Check out library material with your SSU Seawolf Card or picture ID and last four digits SSN. Visit My Library Account for due dates, renewals, holds, fines and Link+ requests.
For students, staff and faculty, 75 items can be checked out at any one time - 8 can be media items. Information for Community members and Distance Education students.
Holds & Recalls
Holds may be placed on items that are checked out:
- In Snoopy, click on the "Place a Hold" button in the top menu.
- Enter the barcode from your Seawolf Card and Library Password.
- When the item is returned, you will receive email at your SSU email account. Material will be held for you at the Information/Check-Out Desk.
- SSU students, faculty and staff should request the item through Link+, instead of placing a hold.
- Material requested by another patron or needed for reserve are subject to recall. The recall date replaces the original due date.
- Faculty/Classified Grads with semester-long privileges, must return recalled books within 28 days.
- Return material immediately to avoid fines.
- Recall notices are sent to your SSU email account.
- Overdue notices are a courtesy only. Notices are sent to SSU email accounts or in the case of off-campus borrowers, the email address provided. Check My Library Account for due dates.
- A replacement fee is added to long-overdue items. If an item is not lost, return it to have the fee significantly reduced. If an item is lost, consult Lost or Damaged Material.
- Library and campus privileges are restricted when over $10 in fines is accrued. Visit the Information/Check-Out Desk to pay fines.
- Questions? Contact Jack Ritchie for Print (664-2562) and John Muller for Multimedia (664-2590).
Lost or Damaged Materials
Lost or damaged material results in a fee and restricted library services. You may pay a replacement fee or replace the item yourself. Afterwards, library services will be restored. Check Link+ for lost or damaged Link+ material.
Pay the fees and the library will replace the item.
- Replacement fees vary, depending on format. Generally, books are $50. Circulation staff can advise you.
- You will also be charged a processing fee of $10.
- Visit the Information/Check-Out Desk to pay with cash or check made out to SSU
Replace the item yourself and pay only the processing fee.
- Before purchasing a replacement, you must contact the Head of Collections, Paula Hammett 707-664-3912.
- New hardback books are preferred. We also accept paperbacks and used books in excellent condition, with no missing pages, highlighting, stains, mildewing or mold.
- We do not accept used copies of videos and dvds. Exceptions made only for rare items.
- Suggestions for locating new and used books:
- You must replace the item within 3 months of billing. Exceptions can be made; contact the Head of Collections.
- Bring replacement material to the Information/Check-Out Desk and pay the $10 processing fee with cash or check made out to SSU.
- After the Head of Collections has approved your replacement and you have paid all library fees, your library services will be restored.
|Material||Loan Period||Renew? *||Fines|
|Books||28 days (faculty/classified grads - 1 semester)||Y||
|Reserves (Print & Media)||2 hrs, 4 hrs, 1 day (Instructor determined)||N||
|Link+ Books||21 days||Y 14-day renewal usually available||
|Popular Reading||28 days||Y||
|Circulating Regional Books||7 days||Y||
|Study room keys||2 hours||N||
|DVDs, videos, CDs, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, phonos, slides, audiocassettes||7 days||Y||
|Headphones, dry-erase kits, media remote controllers, phono keys, group viewing room keys, student presentation room keys, slide scanner adapter, chess sets||4 hours||N||
|Braille Maps||As long as needed.||N/A||None|
* Renew material once via My Library Account or visit the Information/Check-Out Desk. Renewals cannot be made by phone or email.
Information/Check-Out Desk on the 2nd floor