Off-Campus Access to Library Resources
Remote Access FAQ
Where do I get a library password?
- You can create a library password at the My Library Account page. Instructions are below the form.
Where do I go if I forget my library password?
- You can have password reset information email to you from the library password reset page.
Why do I need a library password?
Library password (along with your 14 digit barcode number from your campus ID card) are used to verify eligibility for library services, such as:
- Accessing articles and full-text databases (Academic Search, Lexis/Nexis, etc.) from off-campus computers. (Current SSU students, faculty and staff only)
- Renewing non-reserve items online (one time only)
- Placing holds on items not currently available.
- Viewing your Library Account to see what you currently have checked out and when it's due back.
- Seeing if you have any unpaid fines.
- Borrowing items through LINK+.
What if I need additional help?
- If you need additional assistance, call the Circulation Desk, (707) 664-2375